IMO IMO IMO IMO

Friday, March 16, 2007

The Mind, the World

The past couple of nights I've had dreams that find peculiar, although small and somewhat insignificant, roots in physical reality. Two nights ago, I had a dream that I crushed a ladybug that, in reality, I've kept on my desk for a long time now. Then just last night I accidentally crushed it a little. Not enough to destroy it, but the head came right off and the shell is a little bit opened up. It was the kind of moment that, even in its description, I'm sure sounds insignificant. But I mean I've had this ladybug just sitting there for a while and suddenly I crushed it just after having a dream about it.



Then, last night I dreamed that I was climbing through a pane of broken glass, and got a very small piece of glass lodged in the heel of my palm. When I woke up momentarily from that dream, I looked at my hand to discover a small, pinpoint break of the skin.



Last night I was talking to a woman about dreams, briefly, because she was there for the ladybug pseudo-crush. I was talking about how I believe dreams are more than just random firings, more than psychobabble. They are sometimes real connections with something spiritually or metaphysically greater... Certainly I love this about David Lynch, particularly in the Twin Peaks series... but I've never had any experience such as the past two days. These coincidences might be small and insignificant, but they are unique and certainly curious to me right now.



What are your thoughts? Dreams: The opened floodgates of the subconscious only? Or messages; experiences equally real as our waking hours; a different plane of existence?



There is scientific evidence that our brains do not know the difference between dream and reality... that to practice doing something in your dream-state is just as beneficial as practicing it awake.





powered by performancing firefox

Labels: