IMO IMO IMO IMO

Wednesday, February 14, 2007

RSS

So I just downloaded the Democracy player... it's a DRM FREE video player with RSS feeds to videoblogs out the yin-yang, so now I've got my daily update of The Show (with Ze Frank), and I've also decided to do a Rocket-Boom test run.

I also tried out an episode of Diggnation... MY GOD it's boring as all hell! I don't recommend it.

Anyway, I recommend getting Democracy player because it's a really great thing to support more open forms of media distribution... DRM should die. Steve Jobs is supposedly ready to fight the good fight to remove DRM from iTunes music, but until then, support DRM-free media to do your part! Democracy is also a general media player, and their website offers a WMV (windows media video) plug-in, so you can use it for all video types as well... it will manage your media inventory.

Related:
Open Spectrum - Keeping the wireless internet open to the public

Labels: